Monday, June 8, 2015

Eggs-actly what I'm supposed to do

I got everything done today before the day officially started.  (And by everything I just mean ballet, Bible, and budget).  Of course, the song I did for ballet was only a minute long.... and there was nothing to do for the budget because I checked yesterday and mvelopes doesn't update very quickly.  But I did read three and a half chapters of Romans.

I had some delightful moments watching my youngest try to imitate my husband brushing his teeth.  Then I got to shower with minimal interruptions.  And getting the older two motivated to get dressed took less effort than usual...

And then I came downstairs.

I don't know what it was that sapped my motivation.  The house isn't that messy.  The renovations are not that intrusive.  The only thing I can figure is that now is the time I'm faced with cooking eggs, and I hate eggs.

I hate eggs.

What do you eat every morning on a low carb diet?  Eggs.  Or leftovers, but if I eat them for breakfast then what will I eat for lunch? Eggs?  See, there's no way around it.  Occasionally I make pancakes (which are totally a cheat).  Sometimes I make custard and pretend it's a legitimate breakfast food.  I've even gotten crazy and tossed veggies and cheese in the eggs in an attempt to disguise anything healthy with cheese.  But every morning I reach the point when I am faced with a carton of eggs and a low supply of creativity.

That point, unfortunately, is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment